Three Targets with Reload From Concealment
Here’s a drill run from concealment using standard EDC kit.
The drill I concentrated on is a 6-shot drill, using 3 targets at 10 yards, spaced 3 yards apart. My target area is typically a paper plate (as shown below). The drill goes as follows:
- At the beep (time), draw from concealment while moving “off the X”
- Engage each target with one shot (slide locks back, empty)
- Draw replacement magazine from concealment while moving “off the X,” all while keeping eyes on last target
- Reload, rack the slide to charge the pistol
- Re-engage the targets in reverse order
- Check the environment (around and behind you)
Time for the drill should be less than 6 seconds.
My best time today (with accurate hits) was 4.81 seconds.
Above: Three targets 10 yards away, spaced 3 yards apart. The target area for each is one of the paper plates.