My everyday carry complement stays pretty consistent, but I do change out components and sometimes add or remove an item. Here is my current EDC kit, with notes to follow:
My EDC complement includes the following:
- Glock 19 with an Inforce APLc light in an Incog Shadow Eclipse holster
- 2 spare magazines riding in a Gunfighters, Inc. “Ronin” mag pouch
- phone in a Tactical Oatmeal belt pouch
- Smith & Bradley “Springfield” watch
- scan-proof RFID-shielded wallet
- Gerber mini multi-tool
- R.A.T.S. tourniquet
- Kershaw “Flourish” assisted-opening pocket knife
- K-BAR TDI knife in an NSR Tactical belt holster
- Surefire EB1 “Backup” flashlight
…and it all rides on or near a Core Essentials Trakline rigid-core EDC belt.
Yes, this means I’ve got 3 full magazines of 9mm on me at all times. We are at war and in wartime one never knows whether a life-and-death situation means a lone mugger or a team of trained terrorists in a public place. Might take a few rounds to get out (or get my family out) safety.
If you’re a responsible citizen, I hope you have a similar EDC complement, with at least a good pistol, backup mag, light, tourniquet, and at at least one knife. Hang as much of it as possible on your belt to keep your pockets free. Stay safe, stay trained, and be vigilant.