Today I got my Surefire EB1 Backup flashlight and will use this for my EDC instad of the G2ZX I’ve been carrying for the past year. The G2ZX is 5.2″ long and weighs a bunch, while the EB1 is only 4.4″ long and weighs less than a bunch. Size matters and weight matters when it’s in your pocket. Ounces equals pounds! Much happier.
After running my WEDC carbine and belt a bit I’ve recognized some shortcomings of what I initially setup. So I’ve opted for an HSG Slim Sure Grip pad over the Micro. Also ditched the FastMags for HSG taco mag pouches. Much more stable platform and easier manipulation. Going with the Stormrider Gear Warlord belt here for easy fit over whatever happens to be on my pants belt at the time.
Picked up a well-appointed pack this week. The Dragon Egg MK II has features that make it useful as a daily pack, bugout pack, or as an assault pack. Can’t wait to get it and put it through its paces, though I have an assignment in mind for this one.
- Laser-cut slits MOLLE/PALS system
- Heavy duty two-way YKK® zippers
- Main compartment features an internal mesh and a hydration pocket
- Two additional zippered external pockets
- Redesigned side pockets that are equipped with elastic to expand
- Additional zippered back compartment for hydration bladder or the padded sleeve can be used for carrying up to a 15” laptop
- Paracord drag handle (contains of two 2.5m cords)
- Additional side handles
- Quick release shoulder straps
- D-Ring attachment points
- Side and bottom retention straps with buckles
- Daisy chain webbing for attaching extra gear/carabiners
- Velcro panel (12 x 8cm / 4.7 x 3.1in) for ID patches
- Made of 500D Cordura® fabric
- All clips and buckles are made by Duraflex®/WooJin
- PenCott™, Kryptek™ and Multicam® camouflages are NIR treated